Requesting an additional day
You can occasionally request an extra day of childcare. You do this via the parent app/web portal. As a parent, you can choose whether you want to use your accrued points for this or whether you want to have the extra day charged to you. Of course, this is only possible if the group size, the professional strength-child ratio and group composition allow this.
Is your child ill, are you going on holiday or is your child not coming to daycare for another reason?
It is possible to report your child absent via the parent app/web portal. And if you do this before 6:30 pm the day before, the absence will automatically be converted into points. These points can be used to request an extra day with which you can compensate for the absence. The points are only accrued if you, as a parent, register the cancellation in the parent app/web portal yourself.
Good to know!
- You accrue compensation by deregistering your child before 6.30 pm the day before via the parent app/web portal.
- Points are child-related and apply per type of childcare. When a child switches from day care to after-school care, the count for the after-school care will start at 0.
- For all types of care, a care morning, afternoon or whole day gives you 1 point.
- The maximum is seven points per calendar year (one point equals reporting one absence).
- Accrued points are valid for one calendar year.
- For the after-school care there is no longer a distinction between the use of points on a regular school day, holiday day and school closing day.
- Points are not exchangeable for financial compensation and are non-transferable.
- Public holidays are not included in the scheme.
- Absence is not deducted from the invoice.
- When applying for a childcare day, you indicate whether you want to use points or whether you want to have it charged.
- Reporting absence or requesting a childcare day can be done up to 12 weeks in advance.
- The request for childcare will not be granted earlier than 30 days in advance. You can indicate an expiry date for your application with the application.
- If you have deregistered your child for his/her childcare day of which you later think you need it, you will have to request this day again.